Fluffy American pancakes
Delicious and thick fluffy American pancakes, quick and ready to eat in just 20 minutes
- 135 g plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 130 ml milk
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Meadows Acacia honey
Making the batter
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl or jug, lightly whisk together the milk and egg, then whisk in the melted butter.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and, using a fork, beat until you have a smooth batter. Any lumps will soon disappear with a little mixing. Let the batter stand for a few minutes.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add a knob of butter. When it's melted, add a ladle of batter (or two if your frying pan is big enough to cook two pancakes at the same time). It will seem very thick but this is how it should be. Wait until the top of the pancake begins to bubble, then turn it over and cook until both sides are golden brown and the pancake has risen to about 1cm/½in thick.
- Repeat until all the batter is used up. You can keep the pancakes warm in a low oven, but they taste best fresh out the pan.
- Add a generous portion of Meadows Honeys Acacia honey for extra sweetness