72-Hour Honey & Soy Braised Beef Short Rib With Wasabi Mash
Tender 72hour beef short ribs cooked in a honey and soy sauce, served with a creamy wasabi mash.
Beef short rib
- 1.2 kg beef short rib
- 200 g apple juice
- 50 g soy sauce
- 30 g honey
- 20 g ginger
- 20 g garlic
- 8 grinds pepper
- 400 g maris piper potatoes
- 12 g salt
- 1 bunch parsley
- 10 g wasabi paste
- 80 g butter
- 60 g double cream
- Seal beef short rib in a well-oiled pan until golden brown on all sides.
- Vacuum pack short rib with all ingredients and cook at 60°C for 72 hours. (You can speed up this process by baking short rib with other ingredients, covered with tin foil for 6 hours at 140°C)
- Cut down short rib and reduce remaining liquor till thick, then glaze portions of short rib.
- Peel, cut down potatoes and cook in a saucepan covered with cold water and the salt.
- Bring potatoes to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes then pass through a sieve using the back of a spoon.
- Cook the parsley in boiling water for 3 minutes, squeeze out excess water and blend until smooth.
- Beat potatoes in a pan with a spatula on a medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add cream, wasabi paste and butter and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Finish mash with parsley puree then place on a plate.
- Top with beef short rib followed by the glaze.