Malted Sourdough Waffles, Smoked Salmon & Sweet Honey Mustard
Tender smoked salmon on a bed of sourdough waffles toped with a meadows honey infused mustard for added sweetness.
- 240 g plain flour
- 10 g baking powder
- 10 g honey
- 10 g malt extract
- 2 g fine salt
- 350 g milk
- 60 g soured cream
- 50 g vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 500 g smoked salmon
- 30 g Acacia Meadows Honey
- 10 g dill
Sweet Honey Mustard
- 50 g Organic Meadows Honey
- 30 g english mustard
- 20 g whole grain mustard
- 60 ml olive oil
- ½ lemon juiced
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Make a well in the centre of the mixture.
- In a small bowl combine the milk, soured cream, oil, malt extract and egg yolks. Beat to break up the yolks and combine.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the centre of the dry ingredients. Stir just until moistened – the batter will still be lumpy.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until they have stiff peaks.
- Add about 1/3 of the stiff egg whites to the waffle batter and stir in in to combine and lighten the batter. Add the remaining egg whites and gently fold until no white streaks appear.
- Turn on waffle maker
- Cook the waffles according to the directions on your waffle maker.
- Separate slices of smoked salmon and dress with honey.
- Whisk all ingredients for the sweet honey mustard in a bowl.
Bringing it all together
- Once the waffles are cooked, top with slices of smoked salmon and drizzle over the sweet honey mustard and finish with picked dill.